Pages

Saturday, September 13

footprints in the sand

You walked with me
Footprints in the sand
And helped me understand
Where I'm going

You walked with me
When I was all alone
With so much unknown
Along the way
Then I heard You say

I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled
With sorrow and despair,
I'll carry you
When you need a friend
You'll find My footprints in the sand.

I see my life flash across the sky
So many times have I been so afraid
And just when I, I thought I lost my way
You gave me strength to carry on
That's when I heard You say

I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled
With sorrow and despair
Oh, I'll carry you
When you need a friend
You'll find My footprints in the sand.

When I'm weary,
Well I know You'll be there,
And I can feel You when You say,

I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled
With sadness and despair
I'll carry you when you need a friend
You'll find My footprints in the sand.

When your heart is filled with
Sadness and despair
I'll carry you when you need a friend
You'll find My footprints in the sand.

- Leona Lewis


this song has been stuck in my head for the past couple days. yesterday i was listening and i started to really pay attention to the lyrics, aside from her powerful voice. i was like, "hey, footprints in the sand, like the poem!" and then i realized that the lyrics are pretty much based on the poem LOL. hmm, i started listening to Leona Lewis a week or so ago, and i really like her... she has really great vocals and she sings with so much emotion! but honestly, her version of "Bleeding Love" just gets on my nerves. it's kinda like OneRepublic: their singles are overplayed, but their other songs are even better.

anyway, i digress.

SO. today's DEVO in my DEVOTIONS BOOK coincidentally just turned out to be titled
"Footprints". *gasp* i know, hahaha :| what's weirder is that i was planning to just post the lyrics here, except know i have stuff to say LOLS

(oh my goodness i go off topic really easily. maybe i have ADD...)


Psalm 146:1-6
Praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Do not put your trust in princes,
in mortal men, who cannot save.

When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.

Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,

the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
the LORD, who remains faithful forever.

God is faithful. He's always faithful. that's why He values faithfulness so much. when the man asked the Lord why there were only one set of footprints on the beach, Jesus told him that it was then He carried him, in the hardest of times. God is a faithful friend, He is a faithful Father. He will never leave us or forsake us. He promised us, "I will never fail you. I will never forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5), but what does this mean to me, personally?

Why is God faithful to us? we dont deserve His never-ending supply of love, but He gives it anyway. He will never leave us, although we deserve to be abandoned. this is what we need to learn, to be faithful to Him in whatever we do, in all our ways. yeah, it might be hard cuz with all the negative influences everywhere, and our priorities in life. it's difficult to remember Him sometimes, even when we serve Him. but God never fails, and we should never fail Him.

challenge yourself: be faithful.

2 comments:

Lokyan lam said...

seems like lately... the topic of faith has been on a lot of people's minds lolz, (lightbulb for theme of dido xD) but its interesting, cause i've been talking about how it is a challenge for a lot of us when it comes to consistant faith, and i think its good that God has planted that desire for faith that moves the mountains within all our hearts : )

Timothy Luk said...

leona lewis, onerepublic, and faith....interesting post!
also, interesting challenge...be faithful! i think it applies to every one of us....no matter what goes on in life, gotta be faithful to Him....its the faith that carries us through the tough times!